Turismo Cajicá - Español e Ingles


CAJICA - CUNDINAMARCA - HISTORIA

HISTORIA DE CAJICA.

Antes de la Llegada de los españoles.
A la falda de la montaña de las Manas se encontraba la fortaleza militar de los Muiscas, llamada SUMONGOTA O BUSONGOTA, conformada por un cercado circular de madera de una longitud aproximada de 1000 metros de diámetro por 4 metros de altura y 4 de ancho,  protegido por un toldo de tela tejida de algodón para defensa del sol y del agua.
Dentro de la cerca existían muchas casas grandes, que estaban llenas de varias municiones y pertrechos de guerra, como: macanas, dardos, hondas, tiraderas; y provisiones de maíz, fríjoles, papas, cecinas y otros preparamentos y bagajes. 
1537 – Llegada de los españoles.
El Zipa Tisquesusa llegó huyendo de la persecución de los españoles, y no alcanzó a instalarse en la fortaleza, tuvo que salir huyendo dejando tiradas las andas, en las cuales lo solían llevar, que estaban hechas de fina madera enchapada en oro y con incrustaciones de plata y esmeraldas.
 Los Muiscas al saber de la llegada de la vanguardia española salieron a su encuentro en el sitio conocido como las Manas, allí fueron derrotados por los españoles, quienes dieron la avanzada llegando a la fortaleza, los indios estaban escondidos dentro de la fortaleza y un valiente guerrero se atrevió a desafiar a los españoles;   el  coronel Lázaro Fonte en su caballo lo agarró de los cabellos y lo alzó llevándolo hacia sus compañeros españoles, viendo esto,  los demás indios huyeron despavoridos.
Llega Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada el 23 de Marzo y  junto con su vanguardia, permanecen ocho días aprovisionándose de los víveres dejados, y consumiendo especialmente carne de venado, que era común en la zona, algunos de los pobladores de los caseríos cercados ofrecieron a los españoles, quema de incienso y oro creyéndolos dioses. Luego salieron los españoles a la Semana Santa que celebraron en Chía.
En 1579 se autoriza la construcción de una Iglesia doctrinera para el resguardo,  con el fin de evangelizar a los indios.
En 1598 se hace una acequia para tomar el agua del río Simca,  hoy Río Río, que llevará el agua al sitio donde existe hoy el pueblo.
En 1592 Llega el primer cura doctrinero don Pedro Roldan.
En 1593, visita el resguardo el Oidor Miguel de Ibarra, y realizando el primer censo con un total de 776 personas.
La consolidación del pueblo data de 1598, cuando se terminó la construcción de la iglesia doctrinera, por el albañil Juan del Hoyo, con un costo de 2.125 pesos y se utilizaron 4.000 ladrillos.
Entre 1602 y 1603  se asignó al Oidor Diego Gómez de Mena  hacer el repartimiento de las tierras y escuchar la queja de los indios, quienes decían que el corregidor Cristóbal Tinoco, dueño de la estancia de donde se tomaba el agua cerca del Rio Frío,   les había quitado la parte por donde sacaban el agua y habían destruido parcialmente la acequia, por lo anterior el 22 de febrero ordenó abrir la acequia para que pasase el agua.
El 3 de mayo se realiza la expropiación del terreno por parte del Juez comisionado Rodrigo Zapata quien llevó de la mano a Don Juan Cacique y junto con los capitanes e indios tomaron posesión de la estancia como propiedad del resguardo y para tener provisión de agua.
La primera partida de bautismo de pueblo de CAXICA (con el tiempo se remplazó la X por la J) de la Real Corona de su majestad el Rey  del 1 de enero de 1604.
En Cajicá  se crea la primera escuela de música  y canto por los padres Jesuitas, Juan Bautista Coluccini y  Josehp Danney en 1605 y cuyo objetivo era evangelizar por medio del canto en las misas.



CAJICA HISTORY

BEFORE THE SPANIARDS ARRIVAL
On the hillside of The Manas mountain was situated the MUISCAS Military Fortress, called as SUMONGOTA or BUSONGOTA, which was made up by a circular wooden fence, with a diameter of approximately a 1000-meter length; this was protected by a canopy made of woven cotton cloth, which had 4 meters height, and 4 meters width, and it was used to shield themselves from both the sun and the rain as well.
Within the fence there were a lot of large houses which were filled with different sorts of ammunitions and military equipment, such as truncheons, darts, slings, launchers; there were also provisions such as corn, beans, dried meat, and other prepared food.
1537 – SPANIARDS ARRIVAL
The TISQUESUSA ZIPA got there fleeing from the Spaniards pursuit and didn´t manage to settle himself in the Fortress, so he had to flee leaving behind the litters, in which he used to be carried along; this latter was made of fine wood and gold plated, and inlaid with silver and emeralds.
The MUISCAS, upon becoming aware of the Spaniards vanguard, set off to encounter them in a place known as The Manas; there, these were defeated by the Spaniards, who moving forward, got to the Fortress; there, the Indians lay hidden within the Fortress; a brave Indian warrior dared to challenge the Spaniards; then, the Spaniard Colonel Lazaro Fonte, by riding on his horse, took the Indian by his hair, and headed to his troop; then, by lifting him, showed him to his comrades in arms;  the Indians, upon seeing this, fled being wholly terrified.
Mr. Gonzalo Jimenez de Quesada gets there on March 23rd , and, altogether with his vanguard, remain in the place for eight days, stocking up the food left by the Indians; subsequently, they were mainly consuming deer meat, which was well known in the zone; some of the settlers of the fenced country houses, by believing these were like gods, offered them incense burning and gold. Then, the Spaniards set off to celebrate the Holy Week which took place in Chía.
In 1579, the construction of a doctrinal church for the Indigenous Shelter, with the purpose of evangelizing the Indians, is authorized.
In 1598, in order to get the water from the Simca River, today called Río Frío, an irrigating ditch is made, through which the water will be taken to the place where the town is situated today.
In 1592, the first doctrinaire priest, Pedro Roldan, gets to the place.
In 1593, the Indigenous Shelter is visited by the Hearer, Mr Miguel De Ibarra, who conducted the first census, adding up 776 inhabitants.
The town consolidation dates back to 1598, when the construction of the doctrinal church was finished by the bricklayer builder Juan Del Hoyo; said construction cost $2.125= Col. Ps., and 4.000 bricks were used.
Between the years 1602 and 1603, the Hearer, Mr Diego Gómez de Mena, was assigned to distribute the lands and to hear the Indians complaints, who claimed that the Councillor, Cristobal Tinoco, who owned the farm where, nearby the Río Frío, the water was taken from, had taken away the part of the land through which the water was extracted, and said that the irrigating ditch had been partially destroyed; because of the preceding,  on February 22nd, the opening of the irrigating ditch was ordered, so the water could flow through it again.
On May 3rd, the expropriation of the farm is carried out by the Commissioner Judge Rodrigo Zapata, who, taking Don Juan Cacique by his hand, along with the Captains and Indians, took possession of the farm as property of the Indigenous Shelter, so they could get the water supply again. 
The first baptism certificate of the CAXICA town (with time the letter X was replaced by J) was issued by the Real Crown of His Majesty the King, on January 1st, 1604.
In CAJICA, the first music and singing school is created in 1605 by the Jesuit Priests: Juan Bautista Coluccini, and, Joseph Danney, whose objective was to evangelize through the singing in the mass celebration.

HISTORIA DEL TEMPLO PARROQUIAL


El templo parroquial se empezó a construir en 1925, siendo párroco el Dr. Julio Avellaneda, y bajo la dirección del ingeniero Salesiano Giovanni Buscaglione, su arquitectura se fundamentó en ladrillo a la vista, detalles en los arcos, elegancia y escala monumental.
El Maestro constructor fue el Cajiqueño Don Proceso Villarraga.
Se  terminó  en el año 1946, bajo la dirección de los arquitectos Juan de la Cruz Guerra y Julio Atehortúa, siendo párroco José del Carmen Castro.
Años más tarde  fue refaccionada sobre planos del arquitecto Carlos Arbeláez Camacho.
En 1985 el Padre Carlos  Emilio Salas contrató al arquitecto Eduardo Romero Franco, quien realizó una de las mayores restauraciones por el gran deterioro que tenía;  redujo los ventanales, enchapo las columnas con piedra, remodelo el altar dándole un ambiente sobrio y elegante.
En 2015 el padre Eduardo Suárez Poveda, inicia el proceso de decorar el templo con hermosos vitrales, obra del Maestro Rubén Darío López.
En 2017 el padre Ignacio García, recupera el antiguo altar mayor, adecuándolo e instalándolo en el ábside del Templo.
El templo consagrado a la Inmaculada Concepción, posee cuatro hermosas obras de arte rococó del maestro Luis Salvador Carmona quien es considerado uno de los mejores del Siglo XVIII, en España.
Se desconoce cómo y por quien llegaron a Cajicá.
San Francisco de Asís: Esta imagen ha sido solicitada varias veces por los Franciscanos para llevarla a sus altares, sin embargo los párrocos se han opuesto a esta petición.
Crucifijo de la Sacristía: Hermosa imagen tallada en madera y se venera durante la Semana Santa.
Inmaculada Concepción: Patrona de la parroquia, tallada en madera y  de belleza sin igual.
San Roque: Durante muchos fue el patrono del pueblo; se le atribuyen favores especiales en la salud.
Sillas de la Sede: Cuenta con tres hermosas sillas  de pata de bola, del Siglo XVIII.
Legalización del predio.
El terreno del Templo y Casa Cural fue entregado a los católicos del municipio  en el gobierno de Ing. Orlando Díaz y con el apoyo del Concejal ponente Mario Calderón; si esto no se hacía, por libertad de culto y al ser un bien del Municipio cualquier religión podía exigir hacer su culto dentro del templo.


PARISH TEMPLE HISTORY.

The parish temple began to be built in 1925, being the parish priest Dr. Julio Avellaneda; under the management of the Salesian engineer Giovanni Buscaglione, its architecture was founded in brick at sight, with details on the arches, elegance and monumental scale.

The mason builder was Proceso Villaraga, who was a Cajica native.
The parish was finished in 1946, under the management of the architects Juan de la Cruz Guerra and Julio Atehortúa, being the parish priest José del Carmen Castro.

Years later, it was renovated over the plans of the architect Carlos Arbeláez Camacho.

In 1985, the priest Carlos Emilio Salas, hired the architect Eduardo Romero Franco, who, due to the great deterioration condition in which the church was found on that moment, achieved one of the major restorations to the temple; He reduced the size of the windows, plated the columns with stone and remodeled the altar giving it a sober and elegant appearance.

In 2015 the priest Eduardo Suárez Poveda begins the process of decorating   the temple with beautiful stained glass, a work of art work of the Master Rubén Darío López.
In 2017 the priest Ignacio García, recovered the old high altar, adapting it and installing it in the apse of the Temple

The temple that was consecrated to the Immaculate Conception, has four beautiful works of Rococo art made by the master Luis Salvador Carmona, who is considered as one of the best masters of art of the XVIII century in Spain.

The fact of who brought the works of art from Spain to Cajica is still unknown.

  St. Francis of Assis: This image has been requested on several occasions by the Franciscan priests, as to having it brought it to their premises altars; however, the parish priests have so far opposed to this request.
  Crucifix of the Sacristy: Beautiful image carved in wood and it is venerated during Holy Week.
  Immaculate Conception: Patroness of the parish; this image was carved on wood, and it is of a surpassing beauty.

  St. Roque: For many years, he was the patron of the town; This saint is claimed to work miraculous especially of people´s health.

  Chairs of the Seat: It has three beautiful ball-legged chairs, from the 18th century.

  Legalization of the Property.
The land of the Temple and the Priest House were both delivered to the Catholic Church of the municipality under the government of the engineer Orlando Diaz, and with the support of the deponent Councilor Mario Calderón; Shouldn´t this be timely done so, because of freedom of religion and because of being a property of the Municipality, a member of any religion could claim to worship inside the temple.